A simple solution to a complex range of risks
Whichever sector your company operates in, your directors and officers face the same types of personal liability.
The directors and officers in your company are in a position of responsibility. Managers, directors and supervisors can face allegations and claims for which they may be personally liable. Even in a company with limited liability status, personal liability is unlimited.
The reassurance of directors and officers liability insurance
Directors and officers insurance covers awards of damages and costs, including defence costs, associated with the allegation of a wrongful act including a breach of trust, breach of duty, neglect, error, misleading statement or wrongful trading committed or attempted by a director or officer whilst acting in their capacity on behalf of the company.
Such cover takes away the financial risks faced by directors and officers, giving them protection should an allegation or claim be made against them. Considering that even simple investigations can cost thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of pounds, purchasing directors and officers insurance makes financial sense.
Protect your wealth ! Protect your personal assets !
This covers your personal wealth for defence costs incurred during a claim and awards made against you. For example:
- Claims by investors or other shareholders (including other directors)
- Defence costs and awards of claims arising from your personal involvement with the administration of any company pension
Employment Practice Liability
This covers your company and your employees against defence costs and awards of employment claims arising, for example:
- From allegations of sexual harassment or wrongful dismissal by employees
- From allegations of incorrect selection for redundancy
Corporate Legal Liability
This covers your company against defence costs and awards associated with events such as:
- Allegations you have breached regulations, for example Tax, Health & Safety or Trading Standards
- Claims by investors or shareholders
- Direct financial loss from employee dishonesty